Held during the third edition of the Pink Rosé Festival (which took place in February in Cannes, France), the Pink Design Awards sponsored by O-I rewarded the impact of packaging design.
For two days, all attendees of the Pink Rosé Festival had the opportunity to participate: 150 people voted for their 3 favorite bottles among 87 references. The votes were then analyzed to identify trends.
1. Cuvée Irrésistible - Jolivet Vineyards (Bordeaux - France)
2. Cuvée Roseline Prestige - Château Sainte Roseline (Provence - France)
3. Cuvée Grezan - Château Grezan (PDO Faugères - France)
4. Cuvée Vetere - Azienda Agricola San Salvatore 1988 (PGI Paestum Rosato - Italy)
5. Acquesi Spumante Rosato - SPA Mondodelvino (DOCG Aqui - Italy)
6. Bone Dry Rosé - Weingut Reichsrat Von Buhl (Palatinate - Germany)
7. Organdi 2018 - Vintners of Mont Ventoux (AOP Ventoux - France)
8. Rosy Initio - SBJ Fine Wines (Médoc - France)
9. Calafuria - Marchesi Antinori (IGT Negroamaro Tormaresca - Italy)
10. SOF - Tenuta di Biserno (Tuscany - Italy)
ELEGANCE AND MINIMALISM
6 out of the top 10 designs stand out through their sleek look. Transparent and without traditional paper labels, the bottles become a design object and a medium of expression for the wine makers. The shapes that come out of the ordinary attract. The statement made by texture also seduces with 2 out of the top 3 bottles delicately embossed.
An emerging trend that also emerges from looking at the top 3 is the appeal of glass stoppers that help to make the bottles spectacularly transparent.
#1 last year, the rosé Château Saint-Roseline occupies this year the second place on the podium confirming the seductive power of crystal clear and unadorned bottles that magnify the wine leaving plenty of room for its color.
CLEAR COLORS ALWAYS PREFERRED
Although there is a broad range of nuances, the majority of the award-winning rosés wear a rather clear robe.
FRANCE AND ITALY AFFIRM THEIR KNOW-HOW
Among the main producers and consumers of rosé wines, France and Italy claim their leading position and show the extent of their know-how with respectively 5 and 4 award-winning references.
O-I : EXPRESSIONS perfectly meets the needs of rosé brands because it offers a broad freedom in creative solutions, by playing with text, drawing, photo, color, opacity, transparency and even embossing! It is probably for all these reasons that the media spoke of O-I : EXPRESSIONS as "instagrammable" bottles!
"Rosé is the segment in wine that stands out most through packaging to seduce a consumer increasingly sensitive to the design of the bottle. The conclusions we draw from this contest confirm market trends where the consumer is looking for a sleeker design, more premium and, for rosé, lighter" says Christine Bour.